Classic Towing – 24/7 Tow Truck Service – Greater Naperville, Aurora IL Area
Illinois Commerce Commission | Classic Towing ILCC MC#: 156315 STV, USDOT#: 2307568
As required by law Classic Towing has registered with the Illinois Commerce Commission (ILCC) to obtain a Safety Relocator Registration. “Safety Relocation” refers to the towing of damaged or disabled vehicles from public or private property. “Safety Relocator” is any person or entity that removes damaged or disabled vehicles from public or private property by the use of towing equipment or otherwise and charges the vehicle owner, vehicle operator or third party authorizer for that service.
On July 1, 2008, the Illinois Commercial Safety Towing Law, 625 ILCS 5/18d, became effective. This new Law imposes safety measures on tow companies conducting damaged or disabled vehicle relocations from private or public property. The Safety Towing Law regulates all damaged or disabled vehicle relocations conducted in Cook, DuPage, Kane, Will and Winnebago counties. The Law applies to all Illinois Safety Relocators, regardless of where their base of operation is located, if a damaged or disabled vehicle relocation is performed in the 5 regulated counties. According to Section 18d-115 of the Law, commercial vehicle safety relocators that conduct damaged or disabled vehicle relocations in the above named counties are required to register with the Illinois Commerce Commission.
Note: A current safety inspection sticker should be displayed on the windshield any commercial truck.
Notification of Customer Rights
Classic Towing has the highest ethical standards and as such, we would like to inform you of the following:
As a customer, you have the following rights under Illinois law:
(1) A written disclosure must be provided to you before your vehicle is towed, providing the business name, business address, address where the vehicle will be towed, and a reliable telephone number.
(2) Before towing, you must be advised of the price of all services.
(3) Upon your demand, your vehicle must be returned during business hours, upon your prompt payment of all reasonable fees.
(4) You have the right to pay all charges in cash or by major credit card.
(5) Upon your demand, you must be provided with proof of the existence of mandatory insurance, insuring against all risks associated with the transportation and storage of your vehicle.
(6) File a complaint with the ICC: Safety Relocator Complaint Form.pdf